You produce stellar content, read-worthy and after publishing the results aren’t satisfying. Your blog is not getting enough attention. Well, you’re not alone! There are a lot more people facing the same issue. Had it been magic to get all the readers to come you and get tremendous traffic, but it’s not that easy. Blogging is a soul-crushing exercise apparently, at least for the first year. Not intended to scare you off, just trying to be honest.
It’s likely to get frustrated and give up on blogging, but once you experience the bright side, you can understand the tremendous impact on your business through it.
So, do you want to make your blog posts reach more people? And drive more traffic in? Let’s get started.
1. Content is the king
Write regularly and try to make it readable, comprehensive, and useful content. Success in blogging is directly proportional to the publishing frequency. Google gives higher priorities to websites with fresh content. So if you want to get more attention from Search Engine, and get amongst the highest searches, update your blog at least twice a week. Now, don’t just post for the sake of posting. Make sure that you have enlisted these points before posting it :
• Try to create an evergreen content for your blog which will never shed off with the passing time. Choose the content that can live forever and readers can come back to your page anytime, yet feel connected.
• Get some kickass headlines! Write an appealing title because it’s more important than the content itself. It makes potential readers enthusiastic enough to click and read more.
• Another key point is, include photos. This helps to boost readership and makes the blog visually appealing. You can also, include keywords such as the Alt image tag on the photo. This boosts Search Engine Optimization for your site. Well, go for royalty-free images. Sites such as Unsplash.com offers so.
• Know your niche. Don’t confuse your audience by putting up everything on your blog. Follow a clear theme. Decide who your target audience is, point down what they want to read, and work accordingly.
2. Get their Emails
Collecting emails is the most consistent form of traffic you can get. Take help through page takeovers, interstitials, sliders, and bars to get emails from your readers. Else you can just use Hello bar or Thrive Leads which allows you to offer more brownie bonus content.
For example, if you wrote 5 tips to lose weight within a week, the bonus content could be extra two tips which weren’t mentioned in the post, and to read the whole one needs to enter their e-mail address. And boom you got their emails! Yes, it is a bit lengthy but once you have the list every time you post, you can just mail them regarding your recent post.
3. Incorporate keywords
Keywords are the wheel of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). If you want to drive big-time traffic to your blog you must not fear using keywords. This is the easiest way to generate more traffic to your website. So make sure that every page on your site has a keyword strategy.
• Always use keywords in your post title and subheadings. Indeed you may start your post title with some common words like how/what or where.
• Use those keywords within the content of the page at least twice. And add links to other related blog posts you’ve written on a specific subject.
• Lastly, make sure your keyword is part of the page link.
For increasing your blog traffic you must look for long-tail keywords. These are search phrases composed of three or more keywords. A long keyword is much easier to target as there is less competition for these phrases. You can use Google Keyword Planner to find out which phrase drives the most traffic and use it as your keyword.
4. Hunt down your audience nest
After writing down your blog and ready to publish, make sure to promote it well. You need to go where your flock hangs out. According to me, understanding your audience is the most important factor behind growing your blog traffic. And you should use them to drive more traffic to your blog. For example, if you write something like how to start earning money from social media, you can share it on LinkedIn. Since depending on the blog’s topic one should share it on relevant Social Media. Writing a great blog and thinking traffic will come after you, this is not going to happen. It’s just 10% of the content rest 90% should be the promotion.
These are just a few ways out of plenty to grow blog traffic. Gaining new traffic sounds like a lot of work, but it’s worth giving your valuable time. Eventually, the more you follow these techniques, the more you drive in blog traffic and expand your business.